Do you know that number of aging men with low testosterone have reported improvement in their sex drive, energy levels and mood enhancement after testosterone replacement therapy. So if testosterone is low, why not get it replaced?
Flaws with Testosterone Replacement
It is sad to reveal that testosterone replacement is not free from flaws. It possesses various side effects and long term risk as well. Therefore not every man but only those who suffer from symptoms of low testosterone should go for testosterone replacement.
Symptoms for Testosterone Replacement
What are the symptoms of low testosterone? With aging, the level of testosterone drops in body which give rise to various signs and symptoms. Such Low testosterone symptoms include:
- Concentration difficulties
- Erectile dysfunction
- Fatigue and poor energy levels
- Low sex drive
- Low sense of well-being
Methods Available for Testosterone Replacement
You would be glad to know that testosterone replacement is available in different forms to improve your testosterone levels in body. Check out these forms below:
- Gels: Androgel and Testim are names of testosterone gels. When these gels are applied on skin, the testosterone present in them gets easily absorbed through skin. They should be used once in a day only or as prescribed by doctor. Foresta, Androgel and Axiron come in pump form that delivers exactly that amount of testosterone as prescribed by your doctor.
- Skin patch: Androgerm is a skin patch which is worn on arm or upper part of body and applied once in a day.
- Mouth patch: Striant tablet which sticks to the upper gums above your incisors should be taken twice a day. This tablet helps in continuously releasing testosterone into blood through oral tissues.
- Injections and implants: they can also be directly injected into muscles or implanted as pellets in soft tissues. Our body slowly absorbs the testosterone into bloodstream.