Testosterone hormone is produced in testicles which help in maintaining men’s bone density, red blood cell production, muscle strength and mass, sperm production, sex drive and fat distribution in body. However with age factor, hypogonadism affects men in which male’s body are unable to produce normal amounts of testosterone due to problems in testicles or pituitary gland which controls testicles. But with testosterone therapy for testosterone replacement, one can easily improve signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
What are the signs and symptoms of low testosterone?
- Changes in sexual function: It can result into reduced sexual desire and infertility in extreme cases.
- Physical changes: It can result into increased body fat, decreased bone density, hair loss, reduced muscle bulks and strength, hot flashes, swollen or tender breasts and low levels of energy in body.
- Emotional changes: Low testosterone can cause emotional changes like decrease in confidence and motivation, concentration problems, depression and anxiety etc.
- Changes In sleeping patterns: It can result into insomnia and other type of sleep related problems.
The promises of testosterone therapy are very enticing. It increases your muscles mass, boosts your libido, improves energy level and sharpen your memory and concentration. As you grow old, testosterone therapy may sound like an ultimate anti-aging formula.
Testosterone therapy has following risks as well-take a look!
- It can result into growth of too many red blood cells which increases the risk of heart disease in body.
- Testosterone therapy can cause breast enlargement
- It can lead to sleep apnea. In sleep apnea, your breathing repeatedly stops and starts when you are sleeping.
- It can cause acnes and other type of skin reactions
- Testosterone therapy limits the production of sperms and causes testicle shrinkage
- It stimulates noncancerous growth of the prostate and possibly stimulate growth of existing prostate cancer.